# [[Epistemic status]]
# Adding shocks
>Not every kind of hard is good. There is good pain and bad pain. **You want the kind of pain you get from going running, not the kind you get from stepping on a nail.**
>~ [[Paul Graham]]
List of actions that bring short-term pain for long-term benefits:
- Random fasting
- Book a flight for a random place on earth for tomorrow, right now, do it.
- Hotel is forbidden, go to hostel, couch surfing or beg for a night sleep
- Random sun burn (small)
- Don’t wash your vegetables (eat some dirt & insects)
- herbal tea, tea, coffee, wine, chocolate & fermented food all brings small shocks to the body.
- Meet new people
- [[Flip a coin]] to take a decision.
- sleep in the forest, alone
- walk in the forest, at night, surrounded by monstrous beasts (rabbits here)
- cold showers
- theater, public speaking for the shy/introverted.
- Walking barefoot on different textures.
- Having a difficult conversation.
- [[A comfortable salary vs Entrepreneurship]]
- Night walk (no light, complete dark)
- Street fight
- drastic diet changes
- Live as a poor man
- Seduce a random human in the street (or if you prefer animals or robots, no judgement, I’m open minded)
- [[Meditation]] ?
- putting your [[Ego]] aside to update your beliefs
- things you don’t usually do
- Eating a piece of furniture.
- Hanging out with a dog or cat you don’t know very well.
- Eating “kitchen” plants.
- Biking in the middle of the night
- Random tattoo
- Work in a totally different environment
- Start a business in an industry you know nothing about
- Quit your job and move to a different city
- Rebuild your life from scratch
- Change your appearance drastically
- voluntary work in a third world country
- Adventure travel to a place you know nothing about
- Do something that scares you every day for a month
- Spend a month in silence
- Give up something you love for a month
- Live on $1 a day for a month